Updated ZOOM Breakout Groups Features
Exciting new features with the latest ZOOM update: Participants can now choose their own breakout groups, and more! Watch this tutorial and the highlights with some pros and cons below. Video shows the Host, Co-Host and Participant views and navigation steps. (Next week part two includes merging phone-in participants, calling in view, and additional breakout room facilitation Tips).
Highlights & Tips
- Spotlight feature. Good for recording, not good if the facilitator wants to see the participants.
- You can now rearrange the order of the video squares/boxes, AND have participants see, Follow the Host View. Good for keeping the speakers all together at the top, and moving back-up computers to the end of the participant list.
- Breakout Groups New Features!
- Assign Automatically (Randomized) & Moving Automatically: Good for participants not having to click the ‘join room’ button, not good if your speakers want to stay in the main room. Also make sure that your phone-in participants are merged with their video square/box., or move both boxes manually to the same room.
- Assign Manually: Good more specific needs of the purpose of the breakouts, however this takes time in the background.
- Let Participants Choose: Good for picking their case study, listening to speakers, rotating discussions. Not always the best choice depending on the context.
- UPDATE: You can also ‘unclick’ any cohosts, when you have created randomized rooms, and move people automatically. Because you have unclicked the cohosts, or guest speakers, they won’t be moved into the rooms. Recommend testing this next time you are hosting a meeting with breakouts.
- Co-Hosts can now move from room to room, this is available with all the above scenarios. However, when they return to the main room, they need to unmute, and re-share their slide presentation, getting ready to continue the learning experience.
- Watch how you ‘Leave Room’ when you are leaving the breakout room to return to the main room. (See in tutorial).
- Everyone must have the latest ZOOM update in order for all these options to be effective.
We do more than ZOOM, but like to keep you in the loop with changes on that platform. Another update is available now. Please note that if EVERYONE in your meeting does not have the latest update, then all the new features will not be available to everyone. https://zoom.us/updates
Download Your Quick Resource for Engaging Online Learning Events
NEW Facilitator Course ‘Engaging Online Learning Events’
FYI: Regier Educational Services recently changed some of my social media channel, handles to @RegierEducation
UPDATE on our SERVICES: We provide support as your Production Partner. Patricia can train you about ZOOM, and be your technical support for you online learning event.
I hope that you have a light bulb learning moment today and that you’re able to facilitate those for your audience, turning them into participants.
Want More Tips & Resources?
Join our email list, and gain access to downloads, resources and tools you can use, through our secret and exclusive member web page. Get this free two page download, packed with TIPS, when you join the email list.
Book a complimentary meeting if you are interested in exploring to design your next learning experience or event.
Patricia with Regier Educational Services, helping facilitators engage the variety of learning types in your online audience. Education includes a Master of Adult Education, a BA in Psychology, and twenty years experience developing and facilitating workplace, community and collaborative training. Online learning experience designer and facilitator. Utilizing teaching adults best practices, and innovative multi-media resources to emphasize your message. Engaging content creator, facilitator and online production partner.
What We Do
Expertise: LIVE Online Events and Engaging Virtual or Remote Training Workshops, ZOOM, Multimedia Content Creation, Variety Learning Types. Plus Online Workshop or Meeting Production Partner Support and Training.
Engage Your Audience
- Online Production Partner Support & Training
- Content Creation Services (Tune-up Your Speaker Tools)
- Speaking & Group Facilitation (Online & In-Person Workshops)
- Consultation & Individual or Group/Organizational Training
Engage Your Audience
- Sign-up for Facilitator Tips & Resources email member news
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel!
- Follow on Twitter & Instagram
- Like us on Facebook
- Pin this on Pinterest
- Share on LinkedIn
- Listen as a Podcast
Facilitator 5 Day Course
Inspired Learning Personality Quiz
LATER Referral Program: https://later.com/r/7bb9ed
Canva Affiliate Link: https://canva.7eqqol.net/reachyouraudience
PresenterMedia Affiliate Link: https://bit.ly/2YqBk7H
ZOOM Affiliate Link: http://bit.ly/2DZ3gWE
CyberLink PowerDirector: https://bit.ly/2Tn4bZz
SurfShark VPN: https://surfshark.club/friend/8epqkB3N?locale=en
[social_warfare buttons=” “]
To request more information about learning and development opportunities, or book Patricia as a speaker please use the contact form below, or Email email@example.com