Latest Update & Tips
The recent update for ZOOM has some great new features!
- 1.Download the latest ZOOM Update: https://zoom.us/download
- 2. Next Step: Download New Filters
- 3. Explore Filters – You can use Filters/Backgrounds for an icebreaker/activity
- 4. Filters/Backgrounds can hide your home office, if someone needs to walk by you (double check that they still can’t be seen).
- 5. Virtual Backgrounds can work without a green screen, but this can depend on lighting, your backdrop and even what colour top you are wearing (or your hair colour).
- 6. In order to use the new PowerPoint (PPT) Slide, Virtual Background Upload option, you must first download both steps of the new Update.
- 7. PowerPoint Background, is in the ‘Advanced’ tab
- 8. You can adjust the ‘box’ of your video, over-top of the PPT background
- 9. You need to set up your slides to fit for a virtual background, with all the text (no animations)
- 10. Your animations, videos, and transitions won’t work after you upload your PPT as a virtual background slide deck, they are still files (png).
- 11. TEST how your recording will look, are you still in the corner of the view, or does it look the same way you are during the live event.
- 12. If everyone does not have the most up to date version of ZOOM, then it may not look the same, if you are using your slides as a virtual backdrop.
- 13. RESTART your computer at least an hour before you go LIVE with an online learning event, to make sure your update is in effect.
- 14. There are pros and cons to using slides as your virtual background, but play with it, test it out, and see what creative ways you can use this feature.
- 15. With any upgrade, it will have great new features, but there may be a learning curve to understand how it fits into your different contexts of online learning events. Enjoy!
Quick Resource for Engaging Online Learning Events
FYI: Regier Educational Services recently changed some of my social media channel, handles to @RegierEducation
UPDATE on our SERVICES: We provide support as your Production Partner. Patricia can train you about ZOOM, and be your technical support for you online learning event.
I hope that you have a light bulb learning moment today and that you’re able to reach and engage your audience and create those light bulb aha moments when you’re creating your learning experiences.
Want More Tips & Resources?
Join our email list, and gain access to downloads, resources and tools you can use, through our secret and exclusive member web page. Get this free two page download, packed with TIPS, when you join the email list.
Book a complimentary meeting if you are interested in exploring to design your next learning experience or event.
Patricia with Regier Educational Services, helping you reach and engage the variety of learning personalities in your audience. Education includes a Master of Adult Education, a BA in Psychology, and twenty years experience developing and facilitating workplace, community and collaborative training. Online learning experience facilitator, and workshop trainer. Utilizing teaching adults best practices, and innovative multi-media resources to emphasize your message. As a content creator, speaker, and facilitator, learning experience design ensures that the variety of people in your audience are engaged.
What We Do
Expertise: Multimedia Content Creation, Engaging Variety Learning Types & Online Workshop or Meeting Hosting.
Reach Your Audience
- Content Creation Services (Tune-up Your Tools)
- Speaking & Group Facilitation (Online & In-Person Workshops)
- Consultation & Individual Training
- Engage Your Audience
Affiliate Links: Tools I Use
CyberLink PowerDirector: https://bit.ly/2Tn4bZz
LATER Referral Program: https://later.com/r/7bb9ed
Canva Affiliate Link: https://canva.7eqqol.net/reachyouraudience
PresenterMedia Affiliate Link: https://bit.ly/2YqBk7H
ZOOM Affiliate Link: http://bit.ly/2DZ3gWE
TOOLS I USE Video Playlist: https://bit.ly/2TkGqS6[social_warfare buttons=” “]
To request more information about learning and development opportunities, or book Patricia as a speaker please use the contact form below, or Email firstname.lastname@example.org