Leading or Training Online
Leading a meeting or training online is a bit different than it is in person. Here are 5 tips to set up your meeting or training for success, and get the results you are looking for. Engage your employees, clients, and customers! You can still do this online, through video chats, ZOOM meetings and more. If you are needing some help leading your first meeting or training online, contact me for a free 30 minute meeting. I am here for you! You are invited! But first, 5 Tips to help you engage and reach your audience online. Tips, with extra information, video and more! Turn your audience into participants and consider the learning experience journey.
- 1. Look into the camera – This is how we make EYE CONTACT online, through video.
- 2. Don’t skip the intros or round table. ALSO: call out someone’s name, so that it’s not just up in the air, who will go next. If you have a really big group, you can ask people to type in the chat box, as you are waiting to get started.
- 3. Acknowledge the context people are in. If there is a world pandemic happening, be real about the stress that people are having, and share how you can help. Draw people into the current meeting or learning event, by getting people out of their own heads, and in a collective shared and safe space.
- 4. Create meeting and learning in Bite Size pieces. Think about less than 10 minutes, to share a few points, or one main point, then a brief switch of gears. This could be a brief video (share the link), or show a picture or share a story. Ask a question, engage your audience to participate, and not just sit back. Then you can move onto the next Bite Size Learning. You can also share Bite Size Tips online via social media, videos, LIVES and more.
- 5. Apply What You Learn. Create a CALL TO ACTION. This could be, ‘follow me’ or ‘Subscribe’ but also connect it back to your main learning points. What do you want people to do next? For example when you have attended a webinar or meeting, think about one thing that you will put into action. Practice means that the learning will be retained. Without applying what you learned, you may be wasting that time. Set up your participants for success by encouraging them to apply at least one thing they learned today.
YOUR CALL TO ACTION
- I invite you to either book a complimentary meeting with me, if you want to discuss some services or ways I can help you.
- I invite you to subscribe for free, to my YouTube channel, and access to videos, tips, tutorials every week.
- Apply one thing that you learned today! We are all growing, learning and improving how we lead and train online.
Taking It Online
Helping you to help your clients and employees get online.
Patricia with Regier Educational Services, helping you reach and engage the variety of learning personalities in your audience. Education includes a Master of Adult Education, a BA in Psychology, and twenty years experience developing and facilitating workplace, community and collaborative training. Utilizing teaching adults best practices, and innovative multi-media resources to emphasize your message. As a content creator, speaker, and facilitator, learning experience design ensures that the variety of people in your audience are engaged.
What We Do
Expertise: Multimedia Content Creation, Engaging Variety Learning Types
Patricia helps leaders (professional speakers, facilitators, entrepreneurs, course creators) have greater impact with their audiences. She excels in creating outside the box innovative learning experiences, training resources/tools, and multi-media content that engages your audience, getting results. Patricia can help you incorporate the right amount of variety into your presentations, course/training materials and promotional content so you connect with your audience, employees & customers. Learn how to “reach and teach” the people that currently ‘tune out’ during training sessions and instead provide an experience that lights them up with enthusiasm, so they can apply what they learn.
Patricia creatively combines theory with practical experience. She has a Master of Adult Education and twenty years working with a variety of sectors on inter-agency partnerships and learning resource development/facilitation.
- Production Partner, support for your online learning events: We do more than tech.
- Content Creation Services (Tune-up Your Tools)
- Speaking & Group Facilitation (Keynotes & Workshops)
- Consultation & Individual Training
Engage Your Audience
Affiliate Links: Tools I Use
CyberLink PowerDirector: https://bit.ly/2Tn4bZz
LATER Referral Program: https://later.com/r/7bb9ed
Canva Affiliate Link: https://canva.7eqqol.net/reachyouraudience
PresenterMedia Affiliate Link: https://bit.ly/2YqBk7H
ZOOM Affiliate Link: http://bit.ly/2DZ3gWE
TOOLS I USE Video Playlist: https://bit.ly/2TkGqS6[social_warfare buttons=” “]
To request more information about learning and development opportunities, or book Patricia as a speaker or production partner, please use the contact form below, or Email firstname.lastname@example.org