Ten+ ZOOM Updates
ZOOM Meeting is updating often! In fact as I was editing the video below, I decided to double check my ZOOM account today, and another update was available. Here is how you can quickly find out if you need to update, via your ZOOM account short-cut. Follow the steps in the video tutorial, or use this link. Also, review our list of some recent changes so that you can be prepared and know what to expect.
Some Recent ZOOM Updates Include:
- 1. Firstly, I am excited to share about the New REACTIONS. The green checkmark and raise hand has moved from the participants list to the Reactions icon.
- 2. Secondly, if you are the host and you need to leave the room, you can now Pick Who Will Take Over Host for you (a new box that pops up for you).
- 3. Thirdly, when you click SECURITY, it now gives you an option (in red at the bottom of the list), to Suspend All Participant Activities. This is a fail safe, if someone is doing something that they shouldn’t, then you don’t have to go looking for them in the participants, you can just pause everyone’s video, mics, stop breakouts, stop screen sharing and recording, so you take care of the issue. You can announce on the mic, that you are giving them a 5 or 10 minute break, and will resume shortly. Then you can remove the person and lock the meeting.
- 4. Fourthly, HOT off the Press! Co-Hosts can now create, manage and launch Breakout Groups!!
- 5. Our Fifth highlight is that, I am noticing that I can’t turn off the waiting room. I used to be able to dis-enable it, after everyone arrived. I typically only did this if a few people were having a lot of technical difficulties and they kept coming and going. BUT what you can do is Disable the Chime Sound when people are entering the room. There are pros and cons to this, and please ask me if you want to know how to do this during a meeting.
- 6. This Sixth option that I recently noticed will come in handy! There is a new advanced sharing option, is that you can now choose to Share a Portion of Screen.
- 7. Your Seventh update, is one that I noticed when you share screen, within your 2nd navigation floating menu, under MORE, you can now hide names of annotators.
- 8. The Eighth update, includes an option that I would like to test out in the future. You can connect a Second Camera and Share Content through the Advanced Sharing options.
- 9. Ninth update includes another goal that I would like to test in the near future, to continue to become more accessible. You can choose the Closed Captions option with a third party CC service. This can be found under MORE, in the menu that pops-up, after you share screen. Would a video about this help you?
Did You Know?
- 10. Tenth update is about ZOOM’s additional Integrations, which keep expanding. This can be a future blog and video, if this would interest you, please let me know. https://zoom.us/integrations
- A Bonus update may not be as new, but is a Hot Tip. Did you know you can start and host your ZOOM meeting via your cell phone? If your computer is having problems, quickly hop onto your cell phone and start the meeting there. You can do most of the same activities as a host from your phone, as you can on your computer. Tell me if a special Tutorial video about this topic, would interest you.
Two more bonus UPDATES release notes from ZOOM, about additional features or options:
- Do Not Disturb when sharing – Enable Do Not Disturb In Sharing
Enabled by default, admins can deploy the client with more control over the Silence system notifications when sharing desktop desktop client setting, which silences Zoom notifications and sets your Zoom status to Do Not Disturb.
- Host can admit participants from the Waiting Room while within a Breakout Room
Enjoy facilitating your next online learning event! Keep exploring what’s new in ZOOM, if there are THREE DOTS, click it! If the menu option says MORE, click it! Try joining your next meeting or event from a new device so that you can explore and learn. Your learning ensures that you can help someone else navigate. The learning experience journey starts before the training begins.
If you are interested in more tutorials, you can check out our YouTube channel. If you would like to know more about our production partner services, to support your technical and designing needs for online workshops, please connect: firstname.lastname@example.org
‘Engaging Online Learning Events’
MICRO COURSE special price for our email list members. Lifetime Access for a special price for you.
Canva Free Trial:
Here is a link to access Canva Pro for 45 days free, to get a chance to play and create. CANVA – 45 Days Pro Level, for free
Don’t Forget About
Our Free Quiz, about different learning preferences.
Patricia with Regier Educational Services, helping facilitators engage the variety of learning types in your online audience. Education includes a Master of Adult Education, a BA in Psychology, and twenty years experience developing and facilitating workplace, community and collaborative training. Online learning experience designer and facilitator. Utilizing teaching adults best practices, and innovative multi-media resources to emphasize your message. Engaging content creator, facilitator and online production partner.
Engage Your Audience
- Sign-up for Facilitator Tips & Resources email member news
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel!
- Follow on Twitter & Instagram
- Like us on Facebook
- Pin this on Pinterest
- Share on LinkedIn
- Listen as a Podcast
LATER Referral Program: https://later.com/r/7bb9ed
Canva Affiliate Link: https://canva.7eqqol.net/reachyouraudience
PresenterMedia Affiliate Link: https://bit.ly/2YqBk7H
ZOOM Affiliate Link: http://bit.ly/2DZ3gWE
CyberLink PowerDirector: https://bit.ly/2Tn4bZz
SurfShark VPN: https://surfshark.club/friend/8epqkB3N?locale=en
FYI: Regier Educational Services recently changed some of my social media channel, handles to @RegierEducation
UPDATE on our SERVICES: We provide support as your Production Partner. Patricia can train you about ZOOM, and be your technical support for you online learning event.
Want More Tips & Resources?
Join our email list, and gain access to downloads, resources and tools you can use, through our secret and exclusive member web page. Get this free two page download, packed with TIPS, when you join the email list.
Facilitator 5 Day Course
[social_warfare buttons=” “]
To request more information about learning and development opportunities, or book Patricia as a speaker please use the contact form below, or Email email@example.com