Use What You Have
Be more than a talking head, in a video! Sharing some editing tips and ways you can engage your audience, in a video format. Whether it’s a recording from an online workshop/webinar, or a recording that you have from an in-person presentation. You may want to use your video in an online course, or just to promote yourself as a speaker, online facilitator, or build your email list.
Videos should be engaging, and not represent another lecture style experience. Layering engaging and interesting visuals, can emphasize your message. Of course everything does start with a great presentation, and slides that support your fantastic talk. If you have a recording, that may not be the perfect angle or quality, you can still use it. If you have an old recording and you need to change a couple of things, you can.
Here are 5 ways you can improve your talking head video, and get the results you are looking for. The key is adding some layers which draw in the person, so they don’t click another video. Help people stick around to hear your message. Engage your employees, clients, and customers! If you would like some help with editing, contact me for a free 30 minute meeting. But first, check out the 5 Tips below, in writing and in the video ‘before and after’ example.
- 1. Zoom, Crop & Clip. You can crop a segment of the video, zooming in to your face (in the editing process). Add variety visually. You can also clip or cut out a section that you want to remove, in order to trim the length of a video.
- 2. Visuals. Add a picture in the corner of the video, or an animated moving GIF or video within, or over-top of the original video.
- 3. Slides. Overlay your a section of you talking in the background, but the audience can see the PowerPoint slide you are referring to. If you have updated your slides, since you filmed the video, use a new visual slide. Especially if the sound is fantastic.
- 4. Words. Add words to your video. In the corner, at the side, or even over the whole video for a moment, to emphasize key words in your message.
- 5. Intro/Outro. Add music, title, or a segment at the end that features your business/organization’s name and website address.
Take a look at example of a before and after video, along with more tips on how you can edit your talking head video.
Before & After Example
Patricia with Regier Educational Services, helping you reach and engage the variety of learning personalities in your audience. Education includes a Master of Adult Education, a BA in Psychology, and twenty years experience developing and facilitating workplace, community and collaborative training. Online learning experience facilitator, and workshop trainer. Utilizing teaching adults best practices, and innovative multi-media resources to emphasize your message. As a content creator, speaker, and facilitator, learning experience design ensures that the variety of people in your audience are engaged.
What We Do
Expertise: Multimedia Content Creation, Engaging Variety Learning Types
Patricia helps leaders (professional speakers, facilitators, entrepreneurs, course creators) have greater impact with their audiences. She excels in creating outside the box innovative learning experiences (online & in-person), training resources/tools, and multi-media content that engage your audience, getting results. Patricia can help you incorporate the right amount of variety into your presentations, course/training materials and promotional content. Helping you connect with your audience, employees & customers, either online or in-person events. Learn how to engage, “reach and teach” the people that currently ‘tune out’ during training sessions, or online meetings. Instead, provide an experience that lights them up with enthusiasm, so they can apply what they learn, and take action.
Patricia creatively combines theory with practical experience. She has a Master of Adult Education and twenty years working with a variety of sectors on inter-agency partnerships and learning resource development/facilitation. These past years have been focused on ways to engage and get creative with online learning, and meeting experiences.
- Production Partner, supporting your online learning experience: We do more than tech
- Content Creation Services (Tune-up Your Tools)
- Speaking & Group Facilitation (Online & In-Person Workshops)
- Consultation & Individual Training
Engage Your Audience
Affiliate Links: Tools I Use
CyberLink PowerDirector: https://bit.ly/2Tn4bZz
LATER Referral Program: https://later.com/r/7bb9ed
Canva Affiliate Link: https://canva.7eqqol.net/reachyouraudience
PresenterMedia Affiliate Link: https://bit.ly/2YqBk7H
ZOOM Affiliate Link: http://bit.ly/2DZ3gWE
TOOLS I USE Video Playlist: https://bit.ly/2TkGqS6[social_warfare buttons=” “]
To request more information about learning and development opportunities, or book Patricia as a speaker please use the contact form below, or Email firstname.lastname@example.org