These resources support designing engagement into your online presentations, classes, meetings & workshops. Please click the picture below to download the four-page resource, packed with value. Additional links to even more resources are included. Enjoy!
Thank you for attending the workshop with Patricia Regier!
We welcome your feedback, by completing this brief survey.
Additional Answers to Your Questions
- Industry leaders recommend every 3-5 minutes include an engagement feature (activity or touch-point))
- Some options for how often to build-in breaks: 5 minutes every 30 minutes, or 10 minutes every 60 minutes or 15 minutes every 90 minutes. If you build in frequent bio breaks, and a mix of breaks from looking at the screen, such as a self-study or handout, you will reduce virtual meeting fatigue.
- Don’t forget to take breaks in-between meetings and learning experiences, for yourself as a facilitator or instructor.
- Ways to test the knowledge your participants are remembering: Touchpoints throughout content with quick polls, annotation activities, and chat, to affirm and remind people what they are learning. Also, give opportunities for questions and clarification.
- Also included in your handout (4 page resource above), here is the Zoom Test link: https://zoom.us/test
- Here is how you update your Zoom account: https://youtu.be/M6ILio2sC2g
- My book is coming out this Spring, 2022
- I invite you to subscribe to my YouTube channel with Facilitator Quick Tips and (Multi-media tools )Tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/c/PatriciaRegier
Ideas for Engagement Activities for 7+ Learner Types:
- Pinned Chat activity in Zoom, or another platform, work in pairs brainstorm solutions to a problem – Logical
- Breakout groups – discuss a question in small groups – Social
- Scaventure hunt with a theme or purpose – Verbal and Active
- Annotate with a sticker, on the slide images or emojis ‘How are you feeling today?’ – Active
- Collaborative drawing, on blank slide or whiteboard with the team – Social and Solitary
- Individual case study reading – Solitary
- How does the song make you feel? – Auditory
- Solutions to a problem brainstorm within small groups
- Polls – Solitary
- Add photos, videos, and stories – Visual
Patricia Regier, Founder of Regier Educational Services, is a Learning Experience Designer. Passionate about helping facilitators and leaders engage the variety of learning types in your online audience. Master of Adult Education, BA in Psychology, and twenty years experience developing and facilitating workplace, community and collaborative training. Utilizing teaching adults best practices, and innovative multi-media resources to emphasize your message. Engaging content creator, facilitator and online production partner.
Additional links & resources:
- https://www.regiereducation.com/learning-personality/ Resources for all types
- Update your Zoom (check every week or so): https://youtu.be/M6ILio2sC2g
- How to activate Closed Captions: https://youtu.be/6TN08OcUTEY
- 5+ New Zoom Features to use in 2022: https://youtu.be/goCF3azrSAc
- NEW edit Zoom breakout rooms AFTER opened: https://youtu.be/AGaYTVpvB2g
- Icebreaker Example made in Canva (please make a copy first, before you edit): SLIDE
- https://www.mentimeter.com/ To set up your engagement tool (poll or word cloud etc.)
- How to Annotate, Quick Tutorial: https://youtu.be/ZWEJ-B3DMCw
- Breakout Rooms: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwuDrDs8XN4HwqlYfayxx96UU1nErV1Ue
- BONUS Tutorial: Sharing screen in Zoom when you only have one monitor (no second screen): https://youtu.be/rpKgDc3UTkA
- Full Zoom Tutorial Playlist: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwuDrDs8XN4HiysrofF0L7warNlsmNFTa
- If you would like additional Zoom training or a workshop more in-depth about Learning Types, please let me know.
- To test your internet speed: https://www.speedtest.net/
- Royalty-free music: (I have used iTunes), options include: epidemicsound.com; elements.envator.com; musicbed.com
- Some options to get royalty free visuals and photos/videos: https://www.pexels.com/
- Canva Free Account or Paid Pro account, fantastic visuals, introduction video/tutorial: https://youtu.be/ZqQHtjmUY1A
- Other resources for creating content can be found in your downloadable resource above, with embedded links.
- Two visuals with quotes you can use with challenging participants, plus the a list of recommended Zoom settings below:
If you would like me to add something else, please let me know: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional resources can be found on our website, blog, YouTube channel, podcast and more!
We also have a fantastic online self-directed learning course: https://regiereducation.teachable.com/p/fivedaychallenge/ If you don’t already have access, please ask me if you would like a special group rate for your workplace..
Engage Your Audience
Pre-workshop Resource and 2 page Download
Join our email list, and receive our weekly tips or tutorials, helping facilitators turn an audience into participants. A weekly email with blog/video/podcast.